What is a "special pass"?
Special passes are electronic game passes that some state associations will provide to individuals outside of their current school staff or officials memberships. Examples of users who might qualify for a "special pass" include:
...the list goes on...
How do I get my "special pass"?
Follow these simple steps to get your "special pass":
Creating An Account
1. Visit DragonFly on your computer's web browser and select the 'Sign Up for Free' button to create your account.
2. Enter your first name, last name, email address and password.
3. Check your email for a verification ID, then copy and paste this code into the empty field on the verification screen. Review and accept the platform Terms of Service.
4. Select the 'Get Started' button on your Today page.
5. Select 'Other School Role' as your role.
6. Select your state.
7. Search for and select the organization that is responsible for your special pass — it may be a school, district office or athletic association.
8. Review your information then select the 'Save' button.
Selecting a Special Pass
9. Select the 'Request a Card' box on your Today page.
10. Select the special pass that matches your role. Some examples of special passes include spouse passes, retired officials passes, evaluator passes, etc. The list of passes available for your role will be on screen. (Note: If you are expecting to see a pass that isn't on screen, reach out to your state association or school for further assistance.)
Completing the Pass Application
11. Select the 'Answer Questions' button to fill out the application form.
12. Select the 'Upload a New Image' button to take or upload a photo of yourself. Only the passholder must be in the picture with no hats or sunglasses.
13. Select the 'Review and Pay' button to pay for your pass and submit your application to the association for approval. You will receive a confirmation email. Note: If you have any questions about your pass, please contact your state association. DragonFly has no involvement in the approval process and will not be able to answer questions about your pass.
Using Your Special Pass
14. Download the DragonFly Mobile app on your phone (Coaches & Staff - iPhone | Android) (Officials - iPhone | Android) and log in with your username and password. Tap on "Cards" in the bottom menu and your digital pass will appear. Tap on the pass to view it in full screen mode.
15. To view a receipt for your pass after you've paid, log in on your computer's web browser and click on the pass on your Today page.
16. In the pass application, select the 'View Receipt' button and your receipt will open in a new browser tab in PDF format.