Every business that wants to grow has to create multiple channels of income. Take our software company, DSM Tool, for example. It started as an eBay-only software and expanded into Shopify in order to attract new customers and create a second income channel.
After investing the time to learn how to start dropshipping on eBay, you now have valuable knowledge that you can to expand your business. By using affiliate marketing tactics you can get people to click on your affiliate link and convert them into dropshippers.
When people that you referred to DSM Tool start their own dropshipping business they are likely to subscribe, and when that happens - you get a cut of that payment.
It's a win-win-win situation: the new user gets to start his own dropshipping business, you get to make more money and we get to spend our marketing budget on you instead of on Facebook ads.
In this article, you will learn:
- How much does the affiliate program pay?
- How to get a customized affiliate offer if you are an influencer
- How to join the affiliate program
- How to increase the performance of your affiliate program
How much does the affiliate program pay?
When someone uses your affiliate link to sign up to DSM Tool he signs up as affiliated under your affiliator account.
The affiliate program pays 25% of every payment the affiliated user makes a period equal to 12 months of subscription.
For example, if the affiliated user subscribes to a monthly Basic plan for $25/month you as the affiliator get credited with $6.25 for each payment that is made for 12 months. If the affiliated user subscribed to an annual plan for $239.97 you get credited once with $60.
Who is eligible for a better affiliate rate
Influencers on Facebook and Youtube, course teachers, Facebook group managers, bloggers, and anyone with access to a large potential user-base might be eligible for special terms on their affiliate program.
To get a special offer contact email@example.com or write us via chat support on the bottom right-hand side of the website.
How to join the affiliate program
The affiliate program is available for all DSM Tool members of any plan.
In order to join the Program, go to your settings page
Then, click on the “Affiliates” Tab
Click “Join the program”.
Your referral link will appear now in the tab, click on the edit button to create a unique ID for your affiliate link.
How to increase your affiliate performance
Just as the store dashboard was created to help you optimize your store's performance, the affiliate dashboard was created to help you increase your income from affiliate links.
It helps you to track registrations and conversions to paying users of people who used your link to signup to DSM Tool. You can see who signed up using your link and contact them to try to increase your conversion rate.
At the top of the affiliate dashboard, you will find the performance metrics and the performance trend
The performance metrics are the current status of your affiliate account:
- Total affiliates - the number of people that signed up using your affiliate link
- Total earned - The total amount of affiliate commission that was credited to your account, including both the currently available funds and the funds that were already redeemed.
- Total claimed - The total amount of money that was claimed and already paid to you.
- Total available - The total amount of money that is available for you to claim*
* The minimum amount to claim is $100
The performance trend graph shows over time the number of people that registered through your affiliate link and the trend of how much money you make from users that upgrade or pay their monthly subscription.
Below the performance metrics appear a table called the affiliate list. It contains the names, emails, DSM Tool plan, and the amounts of money the people that signed up with your link are making for you.
The affiliate list contains the following informative columns:
- Plan - shows the DSM Tool subscription plan of the users who registered here using your affiliate link. Also, it shows how much money currently their subscription brings you.
- Available money - is money that you earned for an affiliated user that was not yet claimed. So you need to claim it to get this commission.
- Monthly payment - shows you your income from one specific affiliate.
- Payments left - how many of the 12 months of payment are left (for users who subscribed to monthly plans).
A popular technique to increase your affiliate payments is to contact the new signups that are using a Free plan and offer them help.
For example, affiliators that want to increase conversions contact their Free plan affiliated users and offer a 1-on-1 session in return for the affiliated user upgrading their plan to a monthly/annual plan.
In case you want to do that, contact the affiliated user and offer them exactly that, verify they upgraded their account in the affiliate list table before providing them with the lesson.
You can find more ways to promote your affiliate link in this blog post: Fundamentals of Affiliate Marketing: How to Promote Affiliate Links.