DSM supports Shopify as target website, this article will show you how to add products to your Shopify store using the DSM Tool Lister.
Unlike other Shopify apps, DSM Tool was originally built for eBay dropshipping, therefore the way to add products to your store is by using one of two seperate features: adding them one by one using the single lister or adding multiple products all at once using the bulk lister.
- Single Lister -
Copy the item URL from the source website, and then paste it in the Rapid lister and click Import.
On the next page is where you edit the title, price, images, product description and product specs.
- Product Type - is the Shopify category for the product. Examples of product types would be things like shirt, pants, or accessories.
- Product Tags - are searchable keywords associated with your product, and you can use as many tags on a product as you want. Tags can help customers to easily find your product through online store search.
- Selected Product Collection - is the wider and more general category for the product that you can use to organize products. Example: Your product type is "Jeans", it can fall to "Bottoms" collection.
- Product settings - After setting up the basic details of the product, next will be the Product settings which includes the Package Dimensions which is often auto filled.
- Web Content is the product description in the product page.
When you are done preparing your product, click Publish Now.
If there are no errors, the message "success" will appear which means the product is ready to be published on Shopify. Click Continue to Publish and the product will be added to your store.
- Bulk Lister -
Bulk listing on Shopify is a method to add multiple products all at once
The way it works is by importing the product information of multiple products all at once. Just collect the product IDs and add them to the Bulk Lister separated by "comma".
Below it is where you can set the default profit %, quantity, and the options to generate photo collage and auto filling of item specifics
After setting up everything, click on Import Items and the import process will begin.
Once completed, click Continue.
On the next page, you can edit some of the product details. Please note that at the moment only limited amount of details are available for editing.
At the right side, there are 2 buttons:
- Green eye button - is where you can edit the product description.
- Red trash button - deletes the product from the list.
After everything has been set, click on Publish Now.
The items will enter a queue and slowly get published on your store one after the other. You can monitor the process by checking the queue page.