- Try another browser
- If problem is specific to one browser, try to:
- Disable any ad blockers or other extensions
- Check cookies are enabled
- Test in Incognito/Private mode
- Clear cache and restart (press F12, right click on refresh button and select "Clear Cache and Hard Reload")
3. Test in another environment completely: test on another machine and network e.g. on mobile on mobile network or at home on domestic ISP?
Failed to initialize WebGL
WebGL is a graphics technology that is supported and enabled by default on all major browsers. However, there can be issues with certain combinations of video/graphic cards, browsers and Operating Systems. It is a requirement of Azure Maps which eSpatial uses as its core mapping component.
Troubleshooting steps for this error:
- Get latest browser version
- Get latest video card drivers
- Go to:Chrome Settings -> Advanced -> ensure "Use hardware acceleration when available" is enabled.
- Go to:chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist and enable this option, restart PC (restarting Chrome alone may not work with this change)
- (info gathering, as above in General Steps)
- Visit: https://get.webgl.org/ in each browser. Does user see spinning cube?
- Go to:chrome://gpu and then click the "copy report to clipboard" button and send to us
- Go to: http://mapbox.github.io/mapbox-gl-supported/diagnostics.html. Does a map appear? Copy all content of page and send to support.
- Test in another browser
Reporting an Error
If your problem persists please generate a HAR file and contact us on chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Generate a HAR File
Open Google Chrome (on the machine/browser where he is experiencing this) and go to the page in eSpatial where the issue is occurring.
Press F12 (or Fn key and F12 on a laptop) to open the Developer tools.
- Select the Network tab
- Check the Record button in the upper left corner of the Network tab is red; if it is grey click it once to start recording
- Check the box next to Preserve log
- Click the clear button (crossed out circle) to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab
Try reproducing the issue that you were experiencing before (creating a new Workspace).
Once you have reproduced the issue save the information in the Network area of the Developer tools as a Har file; right click anywhere on the grid of network requests select Save as HAR with Content
Save the file to your computer and send it onto us via email to email@example.com