Manage Groups and Users is found by clicking on your Account Name in the top right of eSpatial.
Here you can add and edit groups and users.
By default there will be two groups created:
- Admin Group – this group will have all permissions.
- User Group – this will have all permissions EXCEPT Administer Groups and Users
The first user on an account will be assigned to both of these groups.
You can also create more groups and you can assign users to these groups.
Each group can be assigned a set of permissions which will decide the access those users will have to certain functions within eSpatial.
- Click on the Edit Group icon to open the edit window. This is the same as the Add Group window. Click on the Delete Group icon to delete the group.
- Click on the Add Group button to open the Add window.
Enter or edit the Group Name and Description, then click on the permissions you want to give them:
- Analyze – users can add analysis to a map.
- Create Territories – users can create territories.
- Administer Groups and Users – users can add and edit Groups and Users.
- Export – users can export and print.
- Publish – users can share publicly.
- Upload – users can upload data.
- Create Hierarchical Territories (this is only available to Team Plus acounts and above) – users can create hierarchical territories.
Click on the Submit button to save these permissions
- Click on the Edit User icon to open the edit window. This is the same as the Add User window.
- Click on the Delete User icon to delete the user.
- Click on the Add User button to open the Add window.
- Enter or edit the Users Email, First Name and Last Name.
- Click on the groups you want to add them to.
- Click on the Submit button.
- The new user will receive an email containing their new password.