To enter the Style menu, click on the Style icon in the Control Panel.
By selecting the dropdown next to dataset you can edit which dataset you are styling. The symbol to the left will indicate if it is a point or regional (polygon) dataset.
- Click on the Default Pin tab to change pin styling.
- Click on the Pin Style icon and select your chosen marker.
- Click on the Color Box to select your chosen color.
- Set the Pin Transparency level for the pin. Enter the value you want or use the slider bar to adjust the transparency.
- Use the Pin Size slider to change the size of the pin.
- Set the clustering level from the drop down. Clustering will be switched off if there are less than 200 points on the map.
There are various clustering settings an example of each level can be seen below.
Adding your own Pin Icons
- Click on the Pin Style icon and select the Add your own icon link.
- Add the required image to the email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will upload the icon to your account and email you once its ready to use.
- Images to be used as icons must be either PNG, SVG or JPG. In order for an icon to be recolor-able based on values in your dataset it must be in SVG format.
- Images must be of equal height and width and the dimensions of each side must be in the range of 100-300 pixels.
- Click on the Default Polygon tab to change polygon styling.
- Set the border thickness from the drop down.
- Click on the Color Chooser and select your chosen color for the border.
- Click on the Color Chooser and select your chosen color for the fill.
- Set the Transparency level for the fill. Enter the value you want or use the slider bar to adjust the transparency.
Saving your Changes
- You can save your styling changes by selecting the save icon.
- To go back to your map select exit styling, if you haven’t saved your changes you will be asked if you want to apply changes made.