As a sole trader, reporting self-employed income on your tax return, you can include up to £500 of financing costs as tagged expenses.

These can include:

  • bank, overdraft and credit card charges

  • interest on bank and business loans

  • hire purchase interest

We use the cash-basis for accounting which enforces this £500 limit.

Please note, if you're a landlord looking to include financing costs on your tax return the rules are different, take a look here.

Did this answer your question?