As a landlord, financing costs should not be expensed. Instead, you can record these costs on the Tax tab, under the Property Earnings income source details. Answer yes to I have financing costs, such as mortgage interest, to expense.

Be sure to include interest and other financing costs, but not the repayments of your outstanding mortgage or loan.

Please note, if you're reporting self-employed income and looking to include financing costs on your tax return the rules are different, take a look here.

Did this answer your question?