Watch the video for a brief demonstration on how to send an ad hoc email. Alternatively, skip the video for instructions below.
Sending an ad hoc email
- Go to Communications > Ad Hoc
- Enter a sender email address (use "Sender name" <firstname.lastname@example.org> to show a name instead of email)
- Select the email to send
- Enter any necessary filters on the 'Search' page
- Click "Search"
- Select the checkbox for the people you want to email OR select "All" to select all records
- Click "Proceed"
- Preview the email and click "Proceed" to send immediately OR "Send later..." to send at a specific date/time
- If you enter a "BCC" email address, that email address will be blind carbon copied on all emails sent
- We aim to send emails at a rate of 10 per second
- Registrations and password requests will always be prioritized over batch emails
- Once emails have been sent, they cannot be retracted or stopped