The password reset link should be included in the 'Request Login Details' automatic email to enable returning attendees to reset their password if required.
The link expires after 15 minutes or after the password has been reset. Once a password has been changed, the attendee is redirected to the event home page.
The password reset link works in the following way:
- Attendee receives an email from Eventsforce containing the password reset link
- The attendee clicks on the password reset link which takes them to the Eventsforce password reset page
- The attendee enters a new password in the password field, then clicks "Change Password"
- The attendee is taken to the event home page where they can then navigate to complete/amend their registration or view the event website
Note: The "Request login details" link will only be available on the website if the 'Request Login Details' email is active.
Receiving the "Sorry your page request could not be completed" message?
- Attendee waited longer than 15 minutes to click on the password reset link so the link expired
Solution: Request a new email
- Attendee did not realize their password change was successful and tries clicking on the "password reset" link again
Solution: Password already changed, attempt registration/amendment
- Attendee requested multiple "Request login detail" emails, and attempted to use the link in an older email
Solution: Make sure they use the link in the most recent email
Using Personal Registration Link (Recommended)
We recommend using personal links in all email communications to avoid users having to set/remember their own passwords.
When creating your "Request Login Details" email, you can use personal registration links instead of, or along with, the password reset link.
The links provide the same level of security as a password, but without the need for the recipient to receive passwords by email, or remember their password to access an event.