Adding capacities in Eventsforce is a great way to prevent overbooking of items such as; days in your event, sessions, bookable items, and quantity bookable items.
Tip: You can apply a capacity to multiple sessions at once from the 'Sessions' page. See "Changing session capacity in bulk".
The capacities for all items can be managed on a single page by going to Setup > Event > Capacity.
- Go to Setup > Event > Capacity
- Change the 'Registrations' dropdown from "Unlimited" to "Limited"
- Enter the capacity on the right hand side
- (OPTIONAL) Choose to enable a "notification" to send when a specified percentage of your capacity is reached
- Click "Save"
What are in-progress registrations?
A registration which has started but not completed is considered "in-progress". In-progress registrations will reserve a space in your event, allowing the person time to complete. A registration will remain in-progress until one of the following has occurred:
- the person completed the registration (using the same browser)
- the person is timed out after 2 hours
In-progress registrations are shown to the right of "Used" registrations on the 'Capacity' page.
More information about in-progress registrations and abandoned registrations can be found in our "What are abandoned registrations?" article.