If you believe the item you rented stopped working due to no fault of your own (e.g. had a manufacturing fault):
- Please notify the lender in case they have a suitable alternative to offer you as a replacement.
- Otherwise, please notify our support team as soon as you can, and within 24 hours of any fault occurring. You can message on instant chat on the website or call directly on 020 3936 2259 (UK) or +1 347-352-8097 (US).
- We'll then assign you a dedicated member of the Resolutions Team who will reach out to you within 24 hours. We'll also help you find a replacement rental with another lender if needed.
- If the Resolutions Centre determines the lender’s item stopped working due to no fault of your own, then they will instruct the lender to refund to you the full rental fee you paid. Any credit you used will be reimbursed back to your Fat Llama account.
If you've damaged an item you rented:
- You are fully liable for any damage caused to the equipment you rent via the platform. In the event of theft, loss, confiscation or damage, you're liable for the cost of repair or replacement.
- Please notify the lender as soon as possible, as they may be able to easily and quickly fix the damage. Often it’s cheaper for you if you and the lender are able to resolve the incident between yourselves, and agree on a compensation amount you both feel is fair.
- If that’s not possible, please notify the Fat Llama support team as soon as you can, and within 24 hours of the damage occurring. You can message on instant chat on the website or call directly on 020 3936 2259 (UK) or +1 347-352-8097 (US).
Our Resolutions Centre exists to mediate any disputes. We will aim to be as fair as possible, to protect our borrowers from bad rental experiences and our lenders from potential false claims. Using accounts and evidence provided by both parties, we will determine what caused the item to stop working, who is liable to pay and for how much. The conclusion we make is final. We will ask you to provide a short written account of events, and provide supporting evidence including photos/videos.