We offer full comprehensive insurance for any campervan or motorhome borrower with an excess of £1000. This insurance is provided in partnership with Allianz and is valid for travel both within the UK and throughout Europe. 

Please note that breakdown cover is not included and should be arranged independently. 

Insurance requirements

As a borrower you must:

  • Be a UK resident (with a UK billing address and utility bill - full contact details, including telephone number and email address to be obtained at time of membership
  • Be aged between 25 and 70
  • Have held a full UK or EU driving license for a minimum of 2 years (UK address required for EU license holders)
  • Satisfy credit checks (with suitability parameters. E.g. - no bankruptcy / no CCJ's within the last 3 years/ stability of residential address. 
  • Satisfy license checks (full check including validation on convictions and disqualifications must be carried out prior to commencement of rental)
  • Have not had any major convictions in the past 5 years (i.e. - no convictions coded AC, BA, CD10-90, DD, DR, IN,LC30-50, MS40-90, UT) and no more than 2 minor convictions in the past 3 years
  • Have not had any driving bans
  • Have received no more than 6 penalty points in the past 4 years
  • Hold an acceptable trade/occupation

Please contact campervans@fatllama.com if:

  • You're not sure if you qualify
  • You'd like to discuss a possible exception

Useful links:

Did this answer your question?