During this period we will continue to support peer-to-peer rentals across our platform, so we would like to take this opportunity to provide guidance to the members of our community. Below are some important updates to our service:
- Due to the high number of cancellations of public events in accordance with advice provided by the UK Government, we are allowing borrowers to cancel up to 24 hours before the start of their rental without any rental cancellation fee.
- As public transportation is less reliable at the moment, we will relax our policies on enforcing late return fees so long as 1. The borrower contacts the lender immediately to report the delay, and 2. The rental is returned within 24 hours of the original agreed-upon return time.
- As a reminder, borrowers remain fully liable for the care and timely return of rental items during their rental.
- Safety is our priority, so we would like to encourage contact-free rental exchange practices. This means placing the rental items on the ground at the door, stepping 2 meters back, and waiting for the item to be collected. Please wait to confirm visually that the rental has been picked up, and do not leave the rental items unattended at any point.
- We also suggest using a courier service to pick-up or return rentals if your mobility is limited. We have partnered with same-day courier service GOPHR to offer a 5% discount when you click here to register with Fat Llama’s referral link.
- We would like to remind Lenders to carefully clean rental items when they are returned.
We ask all members of the Fat Llama community to support one another when exchanging rentals during this period.
As the situation relating to COVID-19 changes regularly, we will continue to update you with changes to service and recommendations for rentals. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our customer service team at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you from the Fat Llama Team.