Fat Llama makes the following recommendations when handling items:
- Put on a good pair of rubber or disposable gloves. All those years of watching crime dramas are finally going to pay off. This is your moment. Snap those suckers on before you touch ANYTHING, as if you're trying to avoid disrupting the evidence at a crime scene.
- Here comes the hard part: Read the directions. I know, I know, it’s a stretch for the best of us. But hear us out -- wild times call for such drastic measures as these. You’ve got this. Read the directions on your cleaning supplies to ensure that you’re using the products as recommended and to avoid damaging sensitive items such as electronic devices. Consider using disposable antibacterial wipes for electronics rather than a harsh spay or anything that could cause water damage.
- If suitable, start your cleaning with a disposable cloth, cleaning hard surfaces with warm soapy water. Pay particular attention to frequently touched areas. (Think back to your crime drama training: where would the perp have left their prints? Now destroy them.)
- Next comes the disinfecting! Review your cleaning products at home, ideally using a type of disinfectant spray with at least a 70% alcohol content or good old-fashioned bleach. We’re all getting used to this season’s hottest fashion statement of face masks and bandanas*, so if the smell is a bit strong go ahead and put one on for protection.
- Once you’re finished, toss your disposable gloves in the bin or your rubber gloves in the laundry, and wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
*This is obviously not a trend, it’s very important for preventing the spread of germs while you’re out and about. We at Fat Llama take this very seriously and encourage you to as well, even if you’re looking like a fabulous bandit while doing so.
We encourage you to practice these tips when handling items for our delivery service as well, read more about how delivery works here: https://intercom.help/fat-llama/en/articles/3275282-rental-delivery