Cancellations from your end:
- There’s a 48-hour cooling off period in which you’ll be fully reimbursed if you cancel a rental you’ve booked. Please note that if you book a rental within 48 hours of the rental start date (e.g. if you book a rental for on Monday evening for Wednesday morning), then this cooling-off period does not apply.
- For rentals booked within 48 hours of the start of the rental, you will have a 3-hour cooling off period, to give yourself and the lender the opportunity to make sure the details of the handover will work out.
- If you cancel after the 48-hour cooling off period, but sooner than 48 hours before the rental start date, you’ll incur a fee of 40% of the rental amount — the remainder of the rental amount will be refunded to you.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of the start date, you won’t be reimbursed.
Cancellations by the lender:
- If a lender cancels a rental, you’ll be notified and fully reimbursed, and our account managers will do all they can to help you find an alternative item. If you weren't expecting the rental to be cancelled, let us know as soon as possible.
- If the lender doesn’t show up to hand over the item, please contact us as soon as possible — you’ll need to contact us within 12 hours of when the rental was scheduled to begin to receive a full reimbursement of the cost of the rental.
- If a rental has been cancelled before completing verification or being accepted by the lender, then the transaction will only be Pending in your bank account. Once the request is cancelled, these funds are released on our end and will be returned to your available balance by your bank within a few days. You will not see a separate line item in your bank statement when the funds have been returned, they will simply be moved out of "Pending" status.
- If a rental is cancelled after the lender has accepted it, then your funds will have been fully debited from your account. In this case, it will generally take 5-10 days from the time of cancellation for your refund to hit your bank account.
- Any Fat Llama credit you use on a rental will be automatically refunded when the transaction is cancelled.