A Master Profile is a collection of policies that can be assigned to an employee. For instance, if a company has multiple departments and would like to assign different policy setups by department (For example, let's say your Janitorial staff have different scheduled hours and break-time rules than the Clerical staff), they can create a unique Master Profile for each department. They can also go into each individual’s profile and edit the rules for each employee differently. By doing this, it overrides whatever the assigned Master Profile for that employee is.
Create a Master Profile
- To create Master Profiles, from the Fingercheck side menu, head to Setup > System > Master Profiles.
- Assuming nothing has ever been done on this screen before, you will see a default profile called "01 - Master" already sitting in your profiles window. You can either edit this profile or press the blue "+Add" button to create a new one.
- Input a Code and Description to describe this Master Profile and select the different policies to be used for this profile for each section. If you are editing the Master Profile, the changes made here will apply to all Employees currently using this Master Profile once saved.
- Once you've clicked "Save", this Master Profile is available to be assigned to your employee profiles.
Applying the Master Profile to Single User
- Head to your "Employee" Dashboard and click on an employee's number.
- Under Personal Select "Profile." This should provide the currently active Master Profile on this employee.
- You can either edit the Master Profile assigned or add a new Master Profile by pressing +Add.
- You can then select the profile to use within Master Profile and then press Save.
Applying the Master Profile to Multiple Users
- If you'd like to assign a new profile to one or more employees, you can go to your "Employee" Dashboard and check the boxes next to each employee's name. Click "Quick Actions" and select "Mass Change" to change a group of employees or even an individual employee's master profile type.
- From the "Change Type" drop-down menu select, Master Profile.
- From the "Change To" drop-down menu, select the Master Profile that you would like to apply to the selected employee. Press OK to save the changes.
Now you know how to set up a master profile, re-assign different profiles to different employees, and manually tweak individual employees' profiles.
Lastly, if ever you (or your employer) are in need of technical assistance, you can contact our Support team at 1-800-610-9501, or, use our in-app messaging feature by logging into our secure site and initiating a conversation.
To learn more about our cost-effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.