A workshop is an event that takes place in a very short period of time and whose participation is usually very limited. An example would be a "massages for beginners" workshop, which takes place over several hours on a weekend.
1. Click on the + button on the upper right corner of your dashboard (directly next to the search bar)
2. Select New event
3. A new window opens up. Enter the necessary details, such as the name of the event, whether it is public or private, as well as the colour, the trainer and a description.
It is important that you select "Special Event" under "Type".
4. Open the Event Schedule tab: here you can choose when the event takes place by clicking on "Add another series or event".
If this workshop only takes place on one day or one weekend, you can select "No repeat" under "Frequency".
5. Define the booking details e.g.:
The maximum number of participants
Choose if you want to set up a waiting list if the class is fully booked
Define the booking window (the date from which the event can be booked/can no longer be booked)
Choose if you want to offer online cancellation options (with the possibility to give a refund in case of cancellation within the policy)
6. Define the booking rules.
In this case, the booking rules must be approached a little differently. The special event will not be assigned to a booking group, but will be linked directly to the corresponding course/workshop (eventticket) product.
But: If you still want your customers to be able to book the workshop using a 10-session card or a contract and take part, you can assign it to the correct booking group in the workshop booking rules so that it is linked to the right products.
Find out here how to set up an eventticket for your special event or workshop.
Note: In contrast to classes, closed courses or individual appointments, a total price is charged for workshops.
7. Click Confirm to save your event.
The workshop you have created will now be shown under the "Events" menu item in the course plan.