First, join your Flipd class with the 5-digit class code provided by your instructor.
- Once you're in the right class, you'll receive an in-app message to join your class every time it's live. You can only Flip Off during class or up to 5 minutes prior when the notification says JOIN THE CLASS.
- Check-in with your attendance code if your professor is using Flipd attendance. Then set your phone aside and avoid checking notifications in order to maintain your Flipd progress while the class is active.
- Stay Flipd Off for the rest of class. You can still receive incoming calls, text messages, and other important notifications that you can check if you need to.
- If you do decide to leave Flipd during a live class — whether on purpose or unintentionally — you can quickly re-join the session by tapping JOIN THE CLASS on the in-app alert again.
- After class ends, you'll receive another message summarizing your results. If you entered an attendance code, you'll see it here too. If something's not right, tap GET HELP WITH THIS to contact support.
Tips & Best Practices
- We always recommend to Flip Off your phone and set it aside until class is over.Each time you open your screen, check your notifications, or leave Flipd during the class, you run the risk of ending the Flipd session.
- Get into the habit of starting your session on time. You'd be surprised how losing a few minutes of progress every class could effect your points at the end of the semester.
- Use Flipd outside of class too. Used by over 1 million students around the world, Flipd helps with distraction-free focus in lots of situations. The more you use Flipd both in and outside of class, the more focused and productive you'll be.
- Contact support for help. Don't bother your instructor with technical support issues or questions. It's must faster and more effective if you get in touch with our support team right away. Find the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this article, or find other ways to connect with us:
If you're not in a Flipd Class yet or the active class notification doesn't appear:
You can still Flip Off for class in this situation. Read this to find out how.