Download Flipd like you would any app from the App Store or Google Play. Once installed, open Flipd and login by selecting CLASS. You may login with your Facebook or Google credentials, or enter your email address and full name. If you login by your email address, follow the link sent to your inbox to login. Whichever login you decide to use, remember how you logged in.
*If you have trouble logging in, go back to the login home screen and try a different method. If you continue having trouble, read this FAQ article.
2. Buying a Flipd subscription
A) ONLINE PURCHASE
If you're required to purchase Flipd for class, you can choose to purchase a 4 or 12 month subscription. We recommend purchasing your Flipd subscription securely online at the link below in order to redeem a coupon for 10% off the regular price:
*If you do not buy your subscription online, you'll be prompted to buy Flipd through Apple or Google Pay inside the app and will not be able to enter a coupon code at checkout. Online purchases are fully refundable within 2 weeks from purchase, whereas Apple/Google purchases are non-refundable.
B) IN-APP PURCHASE
If you'd rather not save 10% by purchasing Flipd online, you can pay for your Flipd subscription directly through the app. Here's how:
- Login/register a new account
- Enter the 5-digit class code you'd like to join
- Continue with your transaction when prompted
3. Joining a new class
To join your class, navigate to the Community screen. From this screen tap Search name or enter code and type the 5-digit class code provided by your professor into the search bar. When you see your class listed, tap it to join. Once joined, you'll see a pop-up that says you've successfully joined the class.
*Joining a class requires WiFi or good network connection and can take a second to successfully load if the connection is weak.
4. How to Flip Off for class
When it's time for class, open Flipd. Within 5 minutes before class begins, and after it's already started, the app will prompt you with a message to join your class. Tap JOIN THE CLASS to start your session. Once joined, if you have an attendance code, enter it where it says ATTENDANCE.
*After class ends, you'll receive another message summarizing your results. If you entered an attendance code, you'll see it here too. If something's not right, tap GET HELP WITH THIS to contact support.
5. How to stay Flipd Off for Class
It's easy to get points for using Flipd during class. Simply Flip Off your phone, close your screen, and set it aside until your class is over. Every time that you try to use your phone during an active session, you're at risk of losing points.
If you do leave Flipd during a live session — whether on purpose or unintentionally — you have 10 seconds to go back or can quickly re-join the session by tapping JOIN on the in-app alert. Here's what that experience looks like:
Tips & Best Practices
- We always recommend to Flip Off your phone and set it aside until class is over. Each time you open your screen, check your notifications, or leave Flipd during the class, you run the risk of ending the Flipd session.
- Get into the habit of starting your session on time. You'd be surprised how losing a few minutes of progress every class could effect your points at the end of the semester.
- Use Flipd outside of class too. Used by over 1 million students around the world, Flipd helps with distraction-free focus in lots of situations. The more you use Flipd both in and outside of class, the more focused and productive you'll be.
- Contact support for help. Don't bother your instructor with technical support issues or questions. It's must faster and more effective if you get in touch with our support team right away. Find the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this article, or find other ways to connect with us: