How Breaks Work on the Dashboard
When a current class is active, on the Flipd dashboard you'll see a black box in the right corner of your screen (like below). This box indicates the current active class where you'll see the class name, its details, and the option to START BREAK.
Here's how it works (from your phone or desktop):
- When you click START BREAK, enter the number of minutes you would like your break to be (eg. 10 minutes, 5 minutes, etc.)
- Flipd will begin tracking that your session is on a break for N minutes. That means that students who leave Flipd during the break will not lose their active Flipd session as long as they return to Flipd before the break is over.
- Your class will automatically resume when the break is over.
- If you'd like to end the break early, tap RESUME CLASS
- When students use their phones during the break, it will not negatively impact their total Flipd minutes.
How to end class early:
- If you'd instead like to end class early, you can by tapping END EARLY in the same box.
How to read the data after class
- In your Student Data page within the class, specified breaks that were taken are indicated by a yellow block, as well as ending class early.
- A grey block indicates when students were not Flipd Off during class time.
- A green block indicates time successfully Flipd Off during class time.
During a specified break, students can leave Flipd and use another app or check their phone freely. When they start a break, Flipd will also send reminders to return to the app after five, ten, and fifteen minutes.
- To take a break from Flipd during class, students must first be sure that you have indicated that it's time to take a break.
- If it's time to take a break, they can tap on the pause button or close the app.
- If a student decides to begin a break or leave Flipd when their instructor hasn't specified to do so, it may count negatively against their Flipd minutes.
- When the break is over, students will need to reopen Flipd again for the class session to resume.
*Do you have questions or concerns about breaks? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.