The FollowAnalytics SDK allows to save events, using a name, and attach details to it.
- Limit the number of event names: Don't use variables as event names, or at least make sure that if you have a product reference or any information that has a somewhat large set of value, these values are passed as the details parameter.
- Make sure the number of details value is finite: The details field is here to help you look at the distribution of some values for a given event. It is a string field, so do not cast Integers into it for instance. Use it for product identifier, name, etc. Don't use it for a duration, a randomly generated value, etc.Remember: values passed here are going to be listed in the FA UI.
- Do not cast numbers or dates into strings to pass them as event names, details or string attributes. These fields are meant to be considered and used as textual values, you won't be able to use them as numbers or dates.
- Use the debug mode to check your tags. You will see them printed in the console. For instance, make sure that they are called when needed, and not multiple times.
Dealing with Attributes should follow roughly the same rules:
- Ensure you have a relatively small number of keys,
- Double check the types you are using for each of them,
- Use the debug mode to review what is saved an when,
- Keep a small set of possible values for String attributes to simplify their management later on.