Playlists are the core concept at the heart of content creation with Fugo. We think publishing your content should be so easy that anybody on any team in any business can do it.
It just takes 3 steps - choose your content, choose your screen or screen group, then choose your schedule and bam - done. But in case you do need a little help, here's a quick guide for how to create and publish a playlist with Fugo CMS.
Before we get started, there are a couple of things to note:
If you haven't already signed up for Fugo yet, you can start your 14-day free trial here.
You don't need to have a screen in order to create a playlist, but you will need to have paired a screen to our CMS in order to publish your playlist. For how to do that, check out this guide. If you want to know which player platforms we support, check out our hardware page.
Let's get started!
How to publish playlists with Fugo CMS
1. Log in to your Fugo account. If you haven't registered a Fugo account yet, you can head over to fugo.ai/app to start your 14-day free trial.
2. Navigate to the Playlist page in the top navigation bar.
3. Click the Create Playlist button.
4. Start by giving your playlist a name in the top left corner of the page. I’ll call mine “Sarah’s playlist.”
5. You can add screens, content, or schedule in any order. For the sake of ease, I’ll start with adding a screen. Click Select Screens and choose the screen or screen group where you want this playlist to run.
📝 Note: if you see an orange notification next to an app in your playlist, that means you need to configure the app's settings before publishing your playlist. Just click the icon to do so.
7. Finally, if you’d like to schedule your content, you can start by indicating the start and end dates under Date Range. Tick the box for No End Date if you want your content to play indefinitely.
8. You can also set the week schedule by clicking and dragging along the schedule.
Alternatively, you can select just Workdays or Weekends in the top right corner of the schedule if you want your playlist to run only on those days. If you want your content to run 24/7, you can click Select All.
💡 Selecting Workdays will set your content to run from 8am - 7pm. You can change those hours by clicking on a day block, and manually entering the run times in the day’s window.
9) Once your schedule is set, click Publish in the right bottom corner to publish your new playlist! If you don’t want to publish right away, just click Finish Later and it will save your playlist for you to edit later.
Viola - your content is live!
💡 When you’re ready to come back to your playlist, you’ll find it saved on your Playlists page. Click “Publish” or select “Edit” from the dotted menu at the right of the playlist panel.
There you go! It really is that easy to publish your content with Fugo!
If you have any questions regarding setup, publishing, or hardware, you can contact our support team any time at email@example.com.
Happy publishing 📺