Many times it is important to control which learners join your game sessions, or example when you are running a workshop or you are testing your games internally.
Gamoteca provides an easy way to organise custom game sessions, we'll go through the details now.
- The game has to be a public one (see instructions on how to publish your game).
- Then, you can simply click on the context menu (three dots on the upper right hand) of your game and select the Organize game session option (see the image below).
3. A screen appears which lets you fill all the data related to your custom session event. After you fill out the necessary data and click the "Save" button and the link for your custom session will appear.
4. At this point, you are ready to invite learners to your game. You can click on the "Copy to clipboard" button to copy the game invite URL to your clipboard.
5. When this is done, you can copy the URL to an email or presentation or any other platform and share it with the players you want to invite to this session.
6. When the learners click on the link you shared, they will be redirected to the Gamoteca mobile app (or the browser app, if they open the link on their desktop) and they can join the game session. At this point, they will be waiting for the event organiser to start the game. To see more about the players' perspective, see
7. Event facilitators will be able to monitor in real-time the players who joined the game session.
8. Learners are assigned to a team automatically based on the order of their arrival to the game session. If you would like to move a learner to a different role or team or simply remove them from the session, you can do so by clicking on the little down arrow next to the learner's name.
9. When all learners have joined and they are in the right team, you can press the "Start game" button. Learners are notified of the game start event and will start playing. You will be redirected to the Live monitoring overview, ready to monitor the game flow.