Give life to your resources with animation movements. Enrich your content with spectacular visual effects that reel in your audience. Create a WOW effect and turn your creations into animated contents in minutes.
This article looks at the following aspects:
- The kinds of animation that exist
- What aspects of an animation can be personalized
- How to copy and paste the animation effect of an element
The kinds of animation that exist
The animations available are found in the editor in the right-hand lateral tab Animation.
This panel can be accessed by clicking on the Animation icon that appears above a selected element.
TIP: The color of the icon will vary depending on whether there's animation applied to the element or not. If there's currently no animation, the color will be pink, while if there's an animation effect applied, it will be lilac.
Animations allow you to make elements stick out as you wish, and there are different categories of animations.
To animate an element:
1. Select the element you wish to bring to life with animation.
2. Open the Animation tab.
3. Choose the element behavior: in, out, continuous or mouse hover.
The in animations allow you to create a WOW effect on each page of your genially.
Out animations allow you to withdraw resources that you want your audience to only see during a limited period of time.
Continuous animations are useful for showing which elements of your genially are interactive.
Hover animations allow you to hide elements that are only made visible if the audience interacts with a given resource.
What aspects of an animation can be personalized
Once you choose the behavior of an element, you'll be able to pick the type of effect and personalize it:
1. Choose the direction of the effect and then the effect type.
Tip: keep in mind that when you change the effect direction, the types of effects available will also change.
2. Choose the effect start time in seconds. The start of the effect allows you to decide, for example, the entrance order of the elements of a genially.
3. Choose the effect speed. If you choose to have the effect take longer, it will happen more slowly. The opposite is also true.
How to copy and paste the animation effect of an element
It's possible to copy the animation effect of an element and paste it onto another element.
1. Select an element whose animation effect you wish to copy.
2. Open the right lateral Animation tab or click on the Animation icon that appears above the selected element.
3. Click on Copy animation values.
4. Select the element on which you wish to paste the animation values.
5. Click on paste animation values.