Clayton helps you keep your code quality under control automatically, by monitoring and reviewing your code when it changes in your repository.
Webhooks in your version control system, let Clayton listen to specific Git events and trigger reviews in real-time (ref. How the Clayton code reviews work).
How to enable automated code reviews
Clayton creates webhooks automatically to monitor for relevant events in your repository. To set up the automation, please do the following steps:
- Log in to Clayton https://app.clayton.io/
- Go to your project page
- Click on Project name on top bar
- Click on Project settings
- Switch on the Trigger reviews on push and Trigger reviews on pull requests toggles
Scan only what you need
1. Monitor new contributions towards a specific branch
In your project settings page, with the Scan only contributions towards the main branch toggle you can decide to scan automatically every push and pull requests or only contributions towards the configured main branch:
2. Monitor only new PR contributions
If you want to monitor in real-time only new contributions introduced using Pull Requests, the following Automation settings are required for your project:
Do you want to create a quality gate for your projects with Clayton?
Have a look at our dedicated Help Section to learn how to make sure that newly committed code doesn't introduce problems.