Want to organize and order your content within a Guru Card? At this time, we do not have a Table of Contents tool built into our editor. However, this article shows you a workaround to create a Table of Contents with anchor text.
What is anchor text?
Our Markdown tool allows you to create anchor text which can act as a Table of Contents in a Guru Card. Anchor text allows you to set up content at the top of a Card that links to headings throughout the Card so you can find the information you need even faster.
Creating a Table of Contents with anchor text in a Card:
1. Create a Markdown block in the Card editor
2. Insert the following code into the Markdown block:
<a href="#referenceword">Text that the user will see</a>
Text that the user will see with the title of the text that you want to appear in your Table of Contents and
#referenceword with a reference to the title, as shown below:
4. Repeat steps #2-3 in the code block for the # of anchor texts you wish to have in your Card.
Linking the Table of Contents to text in the Card:
1. Create a markdown block above the text to which you wish to direct your users.
<a name="referenceword"></a> in the code block using the reference text that corresponds with the text you selected for the top markdown block.
3. Once you save your Card, the text in the top markdown block will be hyperlinked and link directly to the area in the second markdown block:
Here is an example to a Public Card that shows Table of Contents, with the Markdown block visible below each step.
Additionally, we suggest using our Card-to-Card linking feature, which will allow you to direct your users to other Guru Cards in a similar way that anchoring does. You can read more about Card-to-Card linking here.
Guru on Guru Example
Watch how we create anchor texts, table of contents, and bookmarks in our Guru Cards: