Our Zendesk Sync feature is a part of our Knowledge Sync offerings. Learn more about Guru's Knowledge Sync feature!
Prior to setting up your Zendesk Knowledge Sync, please read ALL instructions and notes below to ensure that your Zendesk instance is in optimal shape for a successful sync into Guru.
You must have Zendesk and Guru Admin credentials in order to set up the Zendesk Sync.
Setting up your Zendesk Knowledge Sync:
Navigate to the Web App and click on your Avatar on the top-right corner.
Select Team settings within the newly populated menu
Select Apps and Integrations from the section on the left-hand toolbar
Select Knowledge Syncs from the panel selectors.
Navigate to the Zendesk tile and click Add Sync.
Input your ‘Zendesk Account Host’ field. This is your subdomain, which only includes the bolded section of the following: xxxxx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Your Zendesk Account host is only the bolded (xxxxx) section shown above. You can find your Zendesk Account Host Field by visiting Zendesk's Help Center here.
7. Click Authorize. Once you’ve authorized your Zendesk Account, you will be prompted to submit a Collection Name and Locale.
Optional - If you would like to sync articles from a specific Brand rather than articles found within your primary subdomain you can click on Sync from a brand (advanced option) and enter your Brand subdomain:
8. Click Next and enter a Collection name.
9. Assign a Collection Owner to the Knowledge Sync. The Group you select must have users in it.
10. Turn Verification OFF or ON for the Knowledge Sync.
11. Click Save to initiate Content Sync. This process may take up to 24 hours.
12. Navigate to the Knowledge page in the Web App and select the Collection to which you’ve synced.
13. View your Zendesk Articles as Guru Cards!