You must be a Guru Admin to migrate content from Confluence into Guru.
Guru uses a migrator tool that automates the migration process once the Confluence Pages are in the zip files. Follow the steps below to migrate your knowledge from Confluence to Guru. See here for more on Guru's migration options.
How to Migrate Content into Guru from Confluence
Exporting Content out of Confluence
1. In Confluence, Go to the Page/Space you would like to import to Guru (You can click on the Spaces dropdown to access all your spaces). If you'd like to remove the version history from your Confluence import, you'll need to make a new space, and use copy functionality to copy the page tree from the original space to the new space. The new space will be where you export from.
2. Click Space Settings located on the left-hand panel
3. Select Content Tools from the dropdown menu.
4. On the Content Tools page, select the Export tab.
In order to see the Export tab, you'll need space permissions in Confluence. You can read more about this in this Confluence Help Center article.
5. Select XML and then click Next.
We do not support importing PDFs from Confluence.
6. Make sure Custom Report is selected. Then deselect "include comments" and all the Pages (this is to save time on your export from Confluence). Then select all the Pages you would like to export.
7. Click Export. Confluence will now begin to load an export directory for your Confluence Space. It may take some time depending on the file sizes.
8. Once the process is completed, click Download Here to save the zipped file of your Confluence Pages.
Importing your Confluence Content into Guru
You must be an Author in the Collection to import content into that Collection.
Once you have a zipped file of your Confluence Space, go to Team Settings in the Guru web app.
Click the Collections tab.
Click the Collection Settings wheel in the top right of the Collection where you want to import the Confluence content.
Select Import Content and then Confluence.
Click Select Confluence Zip File, and choose the downloaded zip file from Confluence.
Your file will be uploaded to the migrator tool, and the job will be queued. Due to the nature of these jobs, the general waiting time can exceed 30 minutes. An email will be sent once this migration is complete.
☎️ Contact us
Having trouble with your Confluence Migration? If you do not see your Confluence content populate in your Guru account within 24 hours, please upload your content in HTML format and contact email@example.com to let us know, along with the Collection you are attempting to export so that we can assist you.