Do I need any licenses or insurances to take certain goods?

You will need sufficient liability insurance to ensure you are protected on other corporate member's premises if you are an organisation / charity and if you are recycling goods, you will require a waste license note. Corporate members offering items can request other paperwork risk assessments and certificates to comply with their own Health and Safety and Policies. Members are responsible for their own safety on third party premises and when taking items. Please also see T&Cs.


What is a waste transfer note (WTN)?

On some items such as electricals being recycled, a member may request a waste licence note from the receiving member.

A WTN is a document that must be completed and signed by both the person handing over the waste and the person receiving it. It must contain enough information about the waste for it to be handled safely and either recovered or disposed of legally.

Did this answer your question?