If you have access to roles management, then you can manage a user's roles in three ways:
- From inside the process map
- From the 'Roles page'
- From 'Accounts and users'
What happens when a user has a role?
Once you have added a role to a user they will automatically see:
- Comments made to any activity that his role is responsible for.
- Tasks in the activity's task calendar.
- Tasks that are due.
- Hourly, daily or weekly emails with a summary of comments to activities that the role is responsible for.
Adding/removing users from the process map
Click the swimlane's settings (the gear wheel icon) to open the role dialogue:
You will then see a list of the users that currently have the role.
Now add or remove users directly here. If a user has a role, then he can see the process and will stay up-to-date on communications.
Adding/removing users from the 'Roles' page
Go to the 'Roles' page, click edit, search for the right user and add him or her to the role:
Adding/removing users from the 'Account' page
Or go to 'Account and users', click the user's name, search the role's name and save:
These are the three methods for editing, adding and removing roles to an individual.
Tags: Organise roles, connect roles, job descriptions, personalised overviews