We've recognized that different teams have different needs/processes and as a result we've built Groove in a way that allows it to adapt to those different needs/processes.
In this guide we'll cover how you can customize Groove for all of the different teams within your organization.
Note: Groove uses Salesforce Profiles to allow you to customize for your different teams. If you don't have any Salesforce profiles set up I recommend you start here.
Profile Specific Settings
You might want to change how records get synced to Salesforce based on the profile a Salesforce user has and you can achieve that using profile specific settings.
Note: All of the following settings can be configured by Salesforce/Groove admins on this page.
In order to create a collection of custom settings for a profile or for a user, follow these steps:
- Click on the Profile Setting Displayed dropdown
- Click Create new profile specific setting...
- Choose a profile to attach the setting to
- Click Create and Save
- Modify the settings for the profile
- Click Save Profile Setting when the profile is customized to your liking
Profile Specific Groove Views
Different data matters to different teams and with profile specific Groove views you can ensure that every team in your organization is seeing the information that is most important to them.
In a previous article, we covered how to customize Groove views and here we are going to expand on that and show you how to customize these to certain profiles.
Here's how you can get started with profile specific views:
1. Open SFDC and press the '+' button in the tab menu
2. Click Groove Views
3. Select 'All Groove Views' and Press
4. Select a Groove view you would like to customize for a profile(s). (We'll do the Contact view in this example)
5. Select how you would like to control the visibility of the view and enter a comma separated list of Profile IDs (you can get a profiles ID by going to Setup | Manage Users | Profiles, clicking the profile name, and then copying the end of the URL)
Note 1: Here are the different options you have when controlling the visibility of your different views
to all profiles - select 'All profiles get to see this view' in the picklist field
Profile Specific Results
to only a subset of all profiles - select 'Only display this view to the profiles below' in the picklist field
Profile Specific Results. Then enter the list of all profile IDs (comma separated) in the field
to all profiles except a set of profiles - select 'Do not display this view to the profiles below.' in the picklist field
Profile Specific Results. Then enter the list of all excluded profile IDs (comma separated) in the field
Note 2: You can also display the order in which records appear by populating the
Display order field (records will be shown in descending order) and the highest numbered view will always be expanded by default.
- Enable collaboration between users: set up teams so users can more easily share templates and Flows