Turn a Survey Off for your Organization
Admin advisors can turn completed surveys on and off, including those surveys provided with your GuidedPath account and any new ones that you create. More details are available here.
Follow these steps.
- From the Advisor Homepage, click on your picture/initial on the top menu and choose My Account. Navigate to the Surveys tab on the right side of the page.
2. Un-check the box in the 'Is Available?' column if you wish to hide that survey. Don't forget to save at the top of the grid.
Parent/Connection is unable to complete a survey
If your parent or student's connection is unable to complete a survey this is because their "Role" has been set to "Supporter".
In GuidedPath, when creating a new connection (parent, sibling, teacher, coach, etc.) you have the option to make that connection a "Contributor" or a "Supporter".
A Contributor has "view-and-edit" access to GuidedPath, this allows them to take a survey or input data into the student record (the same access that students have).
A Supporter has "view only" access. They can look at a student's record but they can not make any updates or changes.
If you have already created a parent account as a Supporter, you must change them to a Contributor, to give them access to take Surveys:
Open the student record associated with the parent and go to the student's profile by clicking on the circle with their initial or picture on the left.
1. Click on the "Family" tab.
2. Click on the appropriate Parent connection.
3. Click on the "Role" and select "Contributor".
4. Click "Save" when done
That's it! Your parent will now be able to complete a survey.
Privacy - Sharing Settings on a Survey
On all surveys a parent, student or advisor can make the survey private or limit who can see it.
The sharing settings "Who Can See This Survey" can be found above the lock/unlock button and can be selected by an advisor, student or connection that has access to the survey.
The privacy settings are dependent on WHO sets them.
The following settings are available:
Shared: This means that all account types will be able to take and review the survey.
Private: If you select this option, only the user selecting this option will have the ability to take and review the survey.
- If a parent is logged in, and sets the survey to "private" - then only the parent can see it.
- If a student is logged in, and sets the survey to "private" - then only the student can see it.
With Advisor: This will allow only the advisor and the person setting the permissions to view the survey questions, answers, and results but blocks this information from other contributors and supporters.
- If a parent is logged in, and sets the survey to "with advisors" - then only the parent and the advisor can see it. (not the student)
- If a student is logged in, and sets the survey to "with advisors" - then only the student and the advisor can see it. (not the parent)
With Contributors: This will allow the contributors and the person setting the permissions to view the survey questions, answers, and results but blocks this information from other supporters.
- If a student is logged in, and sets the survey to "with contributors" - then only the student and the parents can see it. (not the advisor)