If your school is on G Suite for education, you can use Google’s Hangouts Meet to set up a live teaching session with your students when either of you are working from home. You can even record the session and share it with others that weren’t able to attend simultaneously. Follow these steps to present your lesson online:
Before you start, make sure your school Google G Suite administrator has enabled advanced features like recording in Hangouts Meet.
Planning and starting
Choose and prepare your lesson (from the Library or My Lessons). Leave that lesson opened in your browser.
Go to Hangouts Meet in a different tab and click Join or start a meeting.
3. Type in a nickname for the new meeting.
4. Click Join now.
5. Select and copy the meeting link (e.g. by using CTRL+C or ⌘+C) and share the meeting link with your students using e.g. email or other digital communication platforms.
Tip: if you want, you can also plan ahead using Google Calendar and add a sharable Hangouts Meet conferencing link to the appointment.
6. Your students will be able to join the meeting after you admit their entrance.
7. Once you want to get started, click the three dots in the bottom right corner and choose Record meeting.
8. When you want to start sharing your screen for the presentation of the lesson, click Present now and choose Your entire screen.
9. Now, your students can see both you and your presentation.
Switch back to the browser tab running Hangouts Meet and click Stop presenting.
2. After a goodbye, you can end the recording by clicking the three dots in the bottom right corner and choose Stop recording.
3. You can then click Leave Call.