When you join Prosper, you'll be matched to a coach within a minute. Everyone gets a free 15-minute coaching session, via video call, to make sure your coach is right for you.
Once you've scheduled your complementary session, it's time to explore! Try your first story on Prosper, and submit it to your coach for feedback. This is a great way for you to experience what it's like to get feedback from a Prosper coach - and for your coach to get to know you! All of our coaches have deep experience helping people land their dream job and are passionate about making this process simple and exciting.
Once you decide to upgrade to the Prosper Membership, you'll have the ability to train with your coach every week. This membership gives you:
- 8 x 15-minute Coaching Sessions/month
- 12 x Story Reviews/month
- Unlimited video and text-based chat with your coach
Here are a few tips on the best way to engage with your coach. Remember, we're here to help and our coaches are here to answer your questions to make you successful!
1. Introduce yourself and share your goals
When you start your coaching relationship, make sure to introduce yourself to your coach. Try recording a quick video and answering the following questions:
- Tell your coach about what you're currently doing (e.g. your job, program at school)
- Tell your coach about where you're at in the job journey (e.g. do you have an interview coming up?) and what role / company / industry you're applying to
- Tell your coach why you decided to use Prosper and how you're hoping your coach can help you
- Bonus Question: Tell your coach something that scares you on the job journey
Once you've recorded a video, you can submit it directly on chat in Prosper. Your coach will respond within a day and get you set up on next steps. Our coaches are pumped to work with you and excited to see you succeed.
2. Decide how you want to engage with your coach
Decide how you want to use your coaching resource during your job journey. Do you want your coach to check in with you on a regular basis and keep you accountable? Do you want advice on the steps you're taking in your job journey?
Some users like to speak to their coach whenever they have a pressing question, others like to schedule regular chat check-ins. Decide what works best for you and make sure to communicate it to your coach.
3. Keep your coach updated on your progress
Tell your coach when you're going to a networking event, an interview or a coffee chat. You'll be upping your game as they'll likely have tips and resources to offer you.
At the very least, your coach is your job journey cheerleader and telling them what's going on will keep them in the loop so they will know how to best support you.
4. Don't be afraid to say when it's getting hard
Your conversation with your Prosper coach is completely confidential. If you're really struggling with the job journey, let your coach know so they can support you along the way. No one is perfect and we've each experienced challenges in transition. Remember, we're here for you!
Get started today - subscribe to become a Prosper member today!
Questions? Shoot us a message at email@example.com