Every file in HoneyBook is sent out with an accompanying email, and we know that writing the same few sentences over and over can get tiresome real quick. Since we're big on time-savers, we allow you to create re-useable email Templates, which you can then insert into any communication with just a few clicks.
PLEASE NOTE: Creating email Templates in your Templates section will save them for you to use in future communications, like when you're sending a file and emailing through the activity feed, but you will not see an option to send the email directly from the Templates section.
To create an email Template:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Templates from the menu.
3. Select Email from the list of Template options on the left side of the screen.
4. Here, you’ll see any Templates you’ve already created, as well as example Templates we’ve provided. You can choose to work off of any of these, or start from scratch by clicking Create a new email.
HoneyBook Tip: Looking for a specific Template to edit? Toggle to see your Templates in a grid or a list arrangement for easy viewing; then, sort any view alphabetically, or by date created!
5. Create your Template! From the email edit screen, you can:
- Edit the Template name
- Change the email subject line
- Add a dynamic field for your client's first name *
- Edit the content of the email
- Format the text with bolding, underlining, etc.
- Hyperlink text
- Add your email signature
6. Finally, if you'd like to add an attachment (e.g. a PDF, an image, etc.) to this email Template, simply click the paper clip icon in the tool bar. Then, you can choose a file or image from your Library, or upload something brand new!
PLEASE NOTE: If you select an email Template with attachments when sending an individual email in the future, you'll have the option to delete the pre-selected attachments (or add new ones!) before sending. If you've selected an email Template with attachments for Workflows or other automations, though, those emails will, of course, go out automatically with the attachments!
All changes will save automatically, so you're good to go whenever you're finished with your edits—and you can now use your Template whenever you're sending an email through a Project's Activity Feed, creating a Workflow, or setting up another email automation!
* PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, Client First Name is the only dynamic field available for emails.
Want to learn more?
- Video Tutorial: Sending an email through HoneyBook
- What other Templates can I save?
- How do I send a file?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!