A Questionnaire is a list of questions you can send your client to gather more information about their Project — and as with our other file types, you can create re-useable Questionnaire Templates to save you time!
Our team can even help you upload your first batch of Questionnaire Templates with our one-time account migration service, if you want to free up even more time! But for any subsequent Questionnaires you need to create or edit — or, if you're just more of a DIY type — carry on below!
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To create a Questionnaire template:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Templates from the menu.
3. Select Questionnaire from the list of Template options on the left side of the screen.
4. Here, you’ll see any Templates you’ve already created, as well as example Templates we’ve provided. You can choose to work off of any of these, or start from scratch by clicking Create a new questionnaire.
HoneyBook Tip: Looking for a specific Template to edit? Toggle to see your Templates in a grid or a list arrangement for easy viewing; then, sort any view alphabetically, or by date created!
5. Now, create your Template! First, name the Template by clicking on the title (which defaults to Untitled questionnaire) and entering the preferred name.
6. Customize your file header, if you'd like — here's how to edit the file name, background image, and more.
7. Next to your profile picture, enter a welcome message or introduction.
8. Start entering your questions by clicking into the blank Type Your Question Here field.
9. If you'd like, customize your placeholder text with an example answer in the Customize Your Placeholder Text Here field.
10. Check the Required Question box if your client is required to answer to submit the Questionnaire.
11. Click Add Question or Section to continue building out your Questionnaire. You can:
Add questions with a variety of formats: text, radio buttons, checkboxes, etc.
Add sections for additional static text, or to collect Project information.
HoneyBook Tip: Using the Collect Project Information section will add a set questions that align with the Project Details, and will automatically sync the answers. You can click on any question to edit or remove.
Remember, you can always move a question around by clicking into it and using the 6-dot icon to drag and drop, or delete it via the trash can icon.
All changes will save automatically, so you're good to go whenever you're finished with your edits — and you can now use your Template whenever you're sending a Questionnaire.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!