Do you regularly decide to send Proposals — those handy files that combine Invoices and Contracts — and find yourself copying and pasting the same information time and again? We got you.
As with all HoneyBook files, you can create customized Templates for Proposals that include your standard services, a payment schedule, and a legally binding Contract. Then, when you start a new Project, you can select your Template of choice with just a few clicks and customize as necessary, allowing your client to review, pay, and sign — all from one document.
- HoneyBook Tip: Looking for a file where your client can select the services they're interested in, instead of sending them a fixed list? Check out our Brochure file instead!
To create a Proposal Template:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Templates from the menu.
3. Select Proposal from the list of Template options on the left side of the screen.
4. Here, you’ll see any Templates you’ve already created, as well as example Templates we’ve provided. You can choose to work off of any of these, or start from scratch by clicking Create a new proposal.
- HoneyBook Tip: Looking for a specific Template to edit? Toggle to see your Templates in a grid or a list arrangement for easy viewing; then, sort any view alphabetically, or by date created!
5. Now, you can customize your file header — here's how to edit the file name, background image, and more.
6. In the Items and Scheduled Payment sections, you'll create the Invoice portion of your Proposal Template. See Creating an Invoice Template for more info.
7. In the Contract section, customize your service agreement. See Creating a Contract Template for more info.
PLEASE NOTE: When creating Proposal Templates, you will not see an option to add signature lines to the Contract portion. Don't worry — when you apply the Template to a Project, the platform will automatically add signature lines for all participants and for you.
All changes will save automatically, so you're good to go whenever you're finished with your edits — and you can now use your Template whenever you're sending a Proposal.
- HoneyBook Tip: Just need to collect a payment, without needing a signature? Send an Invoice! Or, perhaps you just need a signature, but not a payment? Use that Contract!
Want to learn more?
- Adding Contract Fields to a Contract or Proposal
- HoneyBook file types
- What does my client see when I send a file?
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!