Growing Your Business, Lesson 3: Contact Forms & Automations to Scale
Section 6: More automations
Workflows aren’t the only things that can take work off of your plate! There are a few other automated emails that you can set up as well!
Within your Actions section, you can:
- Automatically send a Questionnaire to your clients
- Remind clients to view a file you’ve sent, if they have not yet
- Expire Invoice or Proposals after a specified time period
In your Payment Reminders section, you can choose to automatically send payment reminders:
- 7 days before a payment is due
- Day of the payment due date (if payment has not been made)
- 2 days after the payment was due (if payment has not been made)
- For recurring payments / auto-pay (1 day before due date)
To set up your automated emails:
1. From any page, click your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select Company Settings from the menu.
3. Select the Preferences tab.
4. Proceed with your Actions or Payment Reminders—more on each below!
1. From your Preferences tab, scroll down to the Actions section.
2. Use the radio buttons to toggle the actions ON (blue) or OFF (gray).
3. When an email action is turned on, you can customize it further by clicking on the pencil icon.
- Customize things like the email Template that sends and the timing of the email.
Payment reminder emails
Automated payment reminder emails are a great way to make sure your clients don't forget about upcoming due dates—without you needing to remember to remind them! And even when you're gently nudging your clients to make their payments, you still want those nudges to sound like you. That's why we offer the ability to customize which automated reminders are sent and the messaging of those reminders.
By default, payment reminders are all turned on, but if you'd prefer to choose when and who to remind about upcoming payments, you can easily toggle reminders off via the instructions below. Then, you can manually send any necessary payment reminders.
1. From your Preferences tab, scroll down to the Payment Reminders section.
2. Click the radio buttons to toggle your selected payment reminders ON (blue) or OFF (gray).
HoneyBook Tip: If you'd prefer to choose when and who to remind about upcoming payments rather than automating all emails, try this: toggle all reminders on, customize the text (as detailed below), then toggle the reminders off again. Then, you can send manual payment reminders when necessary, while still benefiting from the customized text!
3. When a payment reminder is turned on, you can customize the text of the email that's sent by clicking Customize.
4. From there, you can edit the subject line and message body of each reminder email.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to edit the greeting (which will automatically pull in the client's first name), or the payment details (which will automatically pull in the Project name, payment due date, and payment amount).
5. Click Save, and repeat with any additional payment reminder emails that you have turned on!
HoneyBook Tip: If you'd rather restore the default reminder messaging that HoneyBook sets, just click Reset to default message when the Customize pop-up is open.
Want full control over all communication? Remember, you can always head back to the Actions section to toggle these emails and actions OFF.
Guess what! You made it through Lesson 3, and there's only one more lesson to go! In the final lesson of this course, Tracking Your Growth, we’ll talk about how to manage your burgeoning business with HoneyBook’s Bookkeeping and Reporting tools.
Have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!