When a client submits a payment to you in HoneyBook, they'll have the option to pay via credit card or bank transfer (although you can always edit the payment options!). If your clients have questions about submitting a payment online, here's some great information to share.
Prefer a video walkthrough of the client experience? We got you. Check it out here.
On the payments page, your client will be able to enter their credit card information or pay by bank transfer.
For credit card payments, they'll enter the following information:
- Full name on card
- Card number, expiration, and security code
- Billing address (once the fields above are complete)
For bank transfers, the client can select their bank of choice and follow the on-screen prompts to sign into their account, which will automatically link the rest of their information.
Now, they can add gratuity (if you have that option turned on), and if they're making future payments and want to automate this, they can check the box for Auto-Pay.
They can click Pay when they're ready!
HoneyBook Tip: You can also use the Client View button when you're creating a file to preview exactly what your client will see!
Second and Additional Payments:
When a client is ready to submit their next payment, they can:
- Reuse the original credit card
- Add a new payment method by clicking the Add (+) button
- Click Edit to remove the first payment method
- Click Pay to submit their payment
PLEASE NOTE: Clients should ALWAYS confirm that the credit card on file is the card they want to use for the payment. Once the client clicks Pay, their account will be charged immediately.
Want to learn more?
- I want to learn more about payments through HoneyBook
- Tax documents and IRS reporting
- Can I sync with QuickBooks?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!