With all the different step types available to you, your Hoopla TV Channel can be as unique and fantastic as your team!
When designing your Lineup (either your Reusable Segment or Channel), there are several different Step types to select from:
- Data Table
- Web Page
- Metric Step
- Activity Recap
- Calendar Event
- Tips & Tricks
- Motivational Quotes
When you drag a Leaderboard to your Lineup, you can customize its display so it appears in one of these four formats:
- Classic - displays up to 100 players, highlighting the top 3 players. The highlight shows the other Metric values, if present on that Leaderboard.
- Bar Graph - displays the top 4 players, with a horizontal bar graph representing their metric values.
- Multiboard - displays up to 100 players, up to 4 metrics at once.
- Profile - recognizes individual players on that Leaderboard - photo on the left, all Leaderboard Metrics on the right. Select from Top Player, All Players or Custom. Selecting more than one player will display each player's profile sequentially by rank.
Under "Advanced Settings" for Leaderboards, you have the option of hiding users or teams with values of zero on the Leaderboard. (This applies to TV display only.)
Newsflashes help you celebrate important employee achievements as they happen or make on-the-fly announcements on your TV Channels. Take a look here for our supported newsflashes and how to configure them.
When you drag a Newsflash to your Lineup, you will select which of your configured newsflashes to display in the channel. Note that a Newsflash always gets added to the top of your lineup as they have no particular order since they interrupt a Channel immediately.
You can choose to use a player's personalized transition if they have one in their profile. Under "Advanced Settings", you can also select whether to use a player's song from their profile, or choose a song yourself.
Add any image you want as a Step in your Lineup. For example, you could add a screen created by the Marketing Team or a photo from a recent trade show.
You can add a data table to show lists of information that are not related to users. You can specify the width and alignment of your table columns.
Make sure everyone is aware of deadlines, company events, and even happy hour! Use Countdown clocks to remind viewers how much time is remaining. Choose from the following types:
- End of Month - counts down to the end of the last day of this month
- End of Quarter - counts down to the end of the last day of this calendar quarter
- End of Year - counts down to the end of the last day of this year
- Today - counts down to a specific time today. (Great for counting down to the end of a call blitz within a scheduled segment!)
- Custom - counts down to a specific time on a specific date you specify
Use a Message Step to communicate important updates, birthdays, new employees, or reminders through the TVs in the office. You can specify a title, then type your message.
Use this Step to show a live web page. To do so, you must enter the full web address in the URL box (i.e. https://www...). Please note, there are some restrictions to using the Web Step:
- Certain websites will not allow us to display their content (such as Yahoo, CNN, and Google)
- We do not recommend using websites that require regular logins (such as Salesforce).
- If your web page URL begins with http://, when you play the Hoopla Channel, you'll need to click the small shield icon in the address bar, then click "Load unsafe scripts". This is your browser trying to block insecure content.
Add a video to your lineup. This is an easy way to show a promo video or commercial! (mp4 files only)
Use this Step to highlight the last several Newsflashes posted by players. This is basically a highlight reel, showcasing the achievements of players for a specific Newsflash. Add an age filter to only view activities that have occurred this month, this week or today.
Tips & Tricks
This step type gives you an easy way to foster productivity in your office. Add it to your Channel and we'll shuffle videos containing tips and tricks from industry experts!
Display Tweets within a step in your Lineup. You can show Tweets from an account, Tweets that mention an account, or Tweets containing a specific hashtag. If a Tweet contains an image or video hosted by Twitter, Hoopla will display it! To use this step, be sure to add the Twitter integration from the Configuration home page.
Use the Motivational Quotes step type to add some easy inspiration to your Channel. Once added to your Lineup, the Motivational Quotes step will shuffle different quotes each Channel cycle, and we'll curate the content for you!