To create a Slack Newsflash:
- In the Configure tab, click Slack Integration under Integrations in the left nav. Alternatively, click the Integrations tile and then Slack Integration tile.
- Click Add to create a new Slack Newsflash that will trigger when you use the "/hoopla" command.
- Specify a name for this Newsflash.
- Optionally, specify a title that will appear on TV.
- Decide who you want to give Repost permissions to: only admins or all players and watchers. This determines who is allowed to repost a Newsflash that has fired.
- Select whether all Slack channels or specific channels will be eligible for users to trigger this Newsflash. Why have different Slack Newsflash triggers for certain Slack channels? See Note below.
- Select whether all Slack users or specific users will be eligible to use the "/hoopla" command in the specified Slack channel(s).
- Optionally, add Watchers who can view posted Slack Newsflashes in the Activity tab of the web and mobile apps.
- Click OK.
- Add your Slack Newsflash to one or more of your Hoopla Channels.
Note: Why have different Slack Newsflash triggers for certain Slack channels?
You may want to have different transition videos for certain types of announcements. Having the ability to create different Slack Newsflashes across your Slack channels enables you to customize the way they appear on Hoopla TV, based on the Slack channel each message originates from.
Pro Tip: Check out how to automatically trigger Newsflashes and update Metrics with Slack Patterns!