Have you ever overpaid or underpaid EPF contributions due to an incorrect calculation? No worries! This guide will show you what you need to do to claim your refund or make shortage payments.
This guide will be broken down into 2 parts:
If you've overpaid EPF contributions for the year, you may claim a refund to any EPF counter up to 2 (two) years from the date of contributions or bring forward the overpayment balance to future months’ contributions.
Here's how to get started to claim a refund:
Prepare Form 14 from KWSP portal.
Prepare an explanation letter, containing details of the error (e.g: incorrectly claimed service charges)
Copy of IC
Copy of the Form A (with the incorrect contribution) or EPF monthly statement (from the month the incorrect contribution was made).
Lastly, submit the documents to any EPF counter.
If you've underpaid EPF contributions for the year, you'll need to make shortage payments
Here's how to proceed with the shortage payments:
1. Visit i-Akaun Majikan and enter your User ID then click Next.
2. Enter your PASSWORD and click Login.
[Note: Ensure that the Secret Phrase is correct before entering your password]
3. Select Contribution Payment and choose Submit Contributions.
4. Choose the contribution month which you'd like to make the adjustment payment.
5. Navigate to Blank Form A then click on Add New Employee.
6. Fill out Form A including the employee's name, IC number and the adjustment payment amount.
7. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page, click I confirm that then click on Next.
8. Select preferred payment method: Pay Later
9. Lastly, print out the Form A then submit it along with the payment to any EPF counter.
Note: Unlike EPF monthly payments, EPF adjustment payments cannot be made at banks counter.