Overtime work is all work in excess of the normal hours of work (excluding breaks).
Based on MOM regulation, employees can claim overtime if they are:
A non-workman earning up to $2,600.
A workman earning up to $4,500.
The overtime rate payable for non-workmen is capped at the salary level of $2,600, or an hourly rate of $13.60.
For overtime work, employer must pay at least 1.5 times the hourly basic rate of pay. Payment must be made within 14 days after the last day of the salary period.
This guide will be broken down into two parts:
1. Enabling MOM OT Calculations for Company Level
Here's how enable MOM overtime calculation settings in HReasily:
1. Go to Manage Company found on the left sidebar
2. Navigate to the Payroll info tab
3. Scroll down to Company Payroll Info section and hit EDIT
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tick "Follow MOM Overtime...." then hit SAVE to proceed.
2. Enabling Salary Cap for Employees
Here's how to enable maximum salary cap of Overtime for specific worker type:
1. Go to Staff Directory found on the left sidebar
2. Navigate to employee's Payroll Info you'd like to set the workers type to and hit GO
3. Scroll down to MoM Overtime Settings and select the worker type
4. Once completed, hit SAVE.