As and when you are ready to go live with your virtual networking platform, you can do so by clicking on Publishing and the process has been made real easy for you.
Access the Publish Section to begin
Once on the Publish Section ensure you are on the right Tab i.e. Networking
When it comes to Publishing your virtual networking platform, There are 3 aspects you would want to look into:
- SEO settings - For detailed info, search "How to make your site SEO friendly"
- Domain - This will be the site address for the Virtual Networking Platform created with Hubilo
- Tracking Elements - For detailed info, Please Check "What is the Tracking Elements Section all about?"
Let's begin with the Domain Section-
Simply Put - the domain name becomes the identity of the networking platform you have just created.
With the Hubilo dashboard, you have two options:
- Host your virtual networking platform on Hubilo's Domain.
- Host your virtual networking platform a white labelled Domain.
Host your virtual networking platform on Hubilo's Domain -
Hosting a virtual networking platform on Hubilo domain is easy, you simply replace the E-Value with the (name-you-want) and it would be followed by ".hubilo.com/community"
For example - currently your preview link is e1608.hubilo.com you can change it to (name-you-want).hubilo.com/community provided such an URL doesn't already exist.
Yes, the URL you are creating needs to be unique, The dashboard informs you in the case the name you chose is already taken.
Once the dashboard gives you a success message(dashboard messages appear on the bottom left of the screen). Click save and its done!!
The virtual networking platform is now live on the Hubilo Domain.
Host your virtual networking platform on a white labelled Domain -
When it comes to publishing your virtual networking platform on a white labelled domain, things get a bit more technical.
So what does White labelled mean?
A white label product is a product or service produced by one company (the producer) that other companies (the marketers) rebrand to make it appear under their own name/brand as the creators of it.
In our case the site generated on the hubilo dashboard can be placed on a domain of your choice.
Factors of consideration while publishing your Virtual Networking Platform under a white label:
- Http vs Https - Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The 'S' at the end of HTTPS stands for 'Secure'. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted. this also determines if you would be creating a CNAME or an ANAME record.
- Availability of Domain name - before proceeding you can check on any of the domain service providers if the url that you have in mind is available or not. The domain is practically like the mailing address of your house and has to be unique.
- Choice of a Domain service provider: Different Domain service providers will have different requirements for your site to be connected.
- Sub-Domain vs a Domain: Assuming you already have your company website and would want to connect the created virtual networking platform to it, you are required to do so by creating a sub domain.
- Map the domain with Hubilo: Once domain is set-up, map your custom domain with Hubilo, to do so, follow the below steps:
- Add A New Record
- Record Type - A
- Host - @
- Points to - 220.127.116.11
- TTL - Custom - 1440
The process is easy, Once you have your domain or sub-domain setup, you can simply paste the domain in the the "personal domain name" and Click save to finish.
Once saved, Copy the link using the icon on the right and check. Your virtual networking platform is live now :)