Path: Member Management >> Import tab >> Members
If you've got a large volume of new members to invite to your community, it may be quicker to upload the list of member email addresses via excel.
You can also upload members silently by enabling the Disable Verification Email setting which will not send a verification email to the members at the time of the upload.
Please Note: Upload members in batches of 3000 members per file only. Adding more members in a single file will result in an interrupted and incomplete process.
Please note: In case there is malicious content, virus, or malware during the upload it will show an error and the upload will fail.
Admin can assign groups to new members or existing ones (A verification email will be resent to them) while uploading itself. Turning on the switch for 'Set Group' will show a dropdown with all the groups which the admin has created. The administrator can choose a Group to which all the members from the excel file need to be assigned.
Help Article on Groups: https://support.ideascale.com/setup/groups
We also have a setting in order to bulk upload member status and username.
Help Article for Bulk upload Members Status: http://support.ideascale.com/en/articles/682854-bulk-upload-members-status
Help Article for Bulk upload Username: https://support.ideascale.com/en/articles/3421194-bulk-upload-username
Uploading Answers to Member Profile Questions
You can upload answer "values" for member profile questions using an Excel file while you are bulk uploading members.
Using this tool, Administrators can upload new members with the accompanying answer to member profile questions or add new member profile question's answers for existing members. The following conditions must be met while uploading answers to member profile questions.
1) The first column is for Email address.
2) The second column is for Display Name.
3) The third column headers should correspond exactly to the Member Profile Question label or title. This is case-sensitive.
4) The values listed under each header are the answers to the target member profile question for each member. These values should correspond exactly to the possible answers to the member profile question for Single Choice & Multiple Choice type custom fields. This is also case-sensitive. For Checkbox, the custom fields value should be either 'true' or 'false'. Multiple choice custom field's answer options should be comma-separated.
NOTE:- HTML tags/entities in the text is not supported for eg:- bullets , smartquotes ( curly quotation marks) , & , © copyright ® registered trademark etc.
5) The member profile question can be set as 'Required' or 'Not Required'. However, if the member profile question is set as 'Required' the corresponding answers should be updated on the spreadsheet to be uploaded effectively. In case a member profile question is 'Not Required' we may leave the particular columns blank and the upload will take place accordingly. Multiple choice custom field's answer options should be comma-separated.
Excel File Format
The file should be in a .xls or .xlsx format only.