Industry Weapon’s Social Buzz App gives the ability to bring in posts from your selected social media content locations like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. The App will pull in social media posts and present you with visualization options for displaying the content on your digital signage.
- Available content types (text and/or images) vary by social media source.
- LinkedIn is not currently supported due to API integration changes.
- Yammer will be supported in future versions of CommandCenterHD.
Installing the Social Buzz App
- On your CommandCenterHD Dashboard click on the Apps section on your navigation bar.
2. You can search for or scroll through the Store to find the Social Buzz App, click on the App.
3. On the next page click on the Activate button.Note: if you are not the Administrator for CommandCenterHD, you will see a “Request Install” which will be sent to your company’s Administrator for installation.
4. Once the app is installed, it will display in the Apps section under My Apps in CommandCenterHD.
Authorizing Your Social Media
- When you first access the Social Buzz App you will be presented with a short guided tour of the interface.
- To begin adding your social media into the App, you must first authorize any of social media services you would like to have access to from CommandCenterHD.
- In the top right of the App select which of the social media services you would like to use with the Social Buzz App
- Follow the on-screen prompts to authorize the selected social media account.
Creating a Social Buzz Collection
A Collection is a grouping of all of the social media feeds you would like to utilize on your signage. You can choose to filter each social feed by options based on the selected source, some examples of filters would be by username, hashtag, and liked posts. Multiple social media feeds and filters can be entered into one collection to create unique social media content for your digital signage.
- Inside the Social Buzz App, click on the Collections button in the upper left.
- Click on the Add Collection button.
- Enter a Name to identify this collection.
- You will be presented with the New Content Filter section, here select a social service.If you are not authenticated with the selected service you will be asked to authenticate here.
- Once a service has been selected you can select a filter, examples of each service’s filters are shown here:
- Facebook: User Timeline, Images
- Twitter: Hashtag, User Timeline, User Liked Tweets
- Instagram: Hashtag, User Name
- Pinterest: Board
- RSS: URL
By default all social media postings will require manual approval before they are displayed on your digital signage endpoints. If you would like to disable approval and have all posts go directly to your digital signage, you can checkmark the Auto Approval option when adding a filter to your Collection, using this option will no longer populate posts in the Manage Posts section. We encourage users to manage posts to ensure that the content is appropriate with your signage.
6. After you have finished adding your selected social media filters, you can proceed to the next section of the guide to create the visual style for your social media posts on your digital signage.
Creating Social Buzz Visuals from a Collection
The Visuals section of the Social Buzz App will give you options for creating the look and feel of your selected Social Buzz Collection.
- Inside the Social Buzz App, click on the Visuals button in the upper left.
- Click on the Add Visuals button.
- Enter a Name to identify this Visual.
- Confirm that the Active box is checkmarked to activate this visual for use in CommandCenterHD.
- Select your Collection from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Collection Sort option.Random or Newest will determine what social media posts are displayed.
- Select the Layout template from the available options.
- Once a Layout has been selected you will see a preview of the visuals generate on the page. Here you will have options to adjust the colors and animation timing..
- Once you are finished making adjustments, click on the Save button.
- You will be taken back to the main Visuals section of the App, click on the Publish option to make your new Social Buzz Visual available for use in the App sections of TemplatesHD and CampaignsHD.
Adding a Social Buzz Visual into a Campaign
- In the CampaignsHD section of CommandCenterHD, click on the edit button for the campaign that you would like to display your Social Buzz content. 1920×1080 resolution is recommended.
- Click the Apps button on the bottom toolbar.
3. Choose the visual you would like to add, and then drag and drop your asset onto
4. Double click on the visual to make if full screen, by check marking the full screen box.
5. After making your adjustments to the App, click on Apply and then Save at the bottom right of the slide editor.