Bulk Manager Description
Bulk manager is CommandCenterHD’s Attribute Manager that allows you to group different types of devices together & bulk update settings for these devices for administrative purposes. Attributes within CCHD are tags that uniquely identify devices. Once a device is given an attribute or series of attributes, you can deliver content specific to each device based on the assigned attribute. The marketing possibilities are limitless and you have complete control to create as many attributes as you would like. Attributes are used in a number of different apps when it becomes necessary to make changes to multiple devices at once. Best of all – with one click of a button, you can update digital signage on multiple devices across multiple locations.
Bulk Manager Available Options
The below chart shows the options available to you when making bulk changes to your players after selecting an attribute to edit.
Accessing Bulk Manager
- Select Apps on the top orange bar of CommandCenterHD.
- In the apps page search for Bulk Manager
- Select the Bulk Manager app
Adding Attributes & Assigning Device
- Click the Add Attribute button.
- Assign an Attribute NameYour name cannot include spaces or special characters
- Click Create and Manage Devices.
- You can now use the Check Box next to each player to include the device in your new attribute.You can also click on the All Devices link to assign all of your devices to this attribute.
- Using the Update Devices button on the left, you can now make bulk changes to your devices.
- Checkmark the sections you would like to edit and make your changes as necessary.
- Click on the Update Devices with this Attribute button when you are done making changes to have all changes be applied to the selected attribute’s devicesYou can return to make more changes at any time by clicking on the Manage Devices (notepad) icon next to the attribute you would like to edit.
Bulk Manager FAQ
Q: What are the most common use cases for bulk manager and attributes?
● Bulk Update Devices to have Same Zip Code or Time Zone
● Group Devices by Location (Zip code or Time Zone)
● Group Devices by Content Location (ex. – Elevators, Bathrooms)
● Reassign Content by Updating Channel for a Group of Players
● Use the GlobalCast app to schedule a Campaign to multiple devices using attributes.
Q: If I delete an Attribute from Bulk Manager, does the attribute get deleted from the devices?
A: No, the attribute will remain with the device unless deleted in the devices section.
Q: Can you update more than one device at a time?
A: Yes, please note devices do not all have the same playback options.
Q: Who can I contact if I experience any issues or have questions?
A: Reach out to our training team at 877-344-8450 EXT 5 or at Training@industryweapon.com.