This App allows you to send remote commands to Samsung players within our platform. The purpose of this guide is to provide a quick start for the Samsung Remote App.
Samsung devices are required to run in MediaBridge connection mode to use the app.
Port 1515 needs to be open from the MediaBridge to the Samsung device.
The app requires the PC Connection Cable setting to be RJ-45. To make this change, access your device home screen, select ID Settings, and change PC Connection Cable to RJ-45.
Get URLFor Samsung Tizen devices, this command returns a URL with one missing character at the end.
Power OnMenu -> System -> Power Control -> Network Standby must be On.Home -> ID Settings -> PC Connection Cable must be RJ-45.
RebootThis command only works with Samsung Tizen devices.
Set Play Via ModeThis command will only work if the Samsung player app is not running.
Set URLYou will need to relaunch the Samsung player app for the change to take effect.The full URL with the protocol (http://) is required.
Installing & Sending Commands
1. On your CommandCenterHD Dashboard click on the Apps section on your navigation bar.
2. You can search for or scroll through the Store to find the Menus App, click on the App.
3. On the next page click on the Activate button.
Note: if you are not the Administrator for CommandCenterHD, you will see a “Request Install” which will be sent to your company’s Administrator for installation. Please contact your account manager if this App is not available to you.
4. Once the app is installed, it will display in the Apps section under My Apps in CommandCenterHD.
5. Open the Samsung Remote App and enter the unique Account PIN, found in the Important Informationdrop down (orange i icon in the CommandCenterHD header).
6. Select the device you wish to control from the Device drop down.
7. If you have a Screen ID assigned to the target screen, you will need to enter it in the Screen ID field. If not, you may leave it at 0.
8. Select the command from the Command drop down.