Let us explain first of all how The Slate is supposed to work:
- The front LED turns white when the pencil is recognized by the screen.
- It turns pink as soon as the lines are saved and scanned in Repaper Studio.
For optimal usage of The Slate, please follow these steps:
✅ Check The Slate's connection:
If you do not see the pink light, you will need to check if The Slate is correctly connected to your device.
✅ Keep all magnetic objects at least 20 cm away:
If you notice missing lines, discrepancies in lines or just inaccuracies when using The Slate:
- Check that there are no magnetic objects within 20 cm of The Slate (other iskn drawing implements or The Ring, magnets, headphones, etc)
- Be careful not to leave other iskn drawing tools near The Slate when turning it on and while you are drawing.
- Make sure that you are not using The Slate on a metal surface (metal table or a table with metal parts, including legs).
✅ Installing and calibrating The Ring:
If you are using a drawing implement with The Ring, check that it is correctly positioned:
- Slide The Ring onto your drawing implement about 3 or 4 cm (1.2 to 1.6") from the tip.
- Adjust its positioning so that it is completely perpendicular to your drawing implement.
- Calibrate The Ring each time you change the drawing implement:
1. Press one of the two buttons on The Slate, the LED will turn purple.
2. Place your drawing tool on the active area of The Slate and release the button once the tip touches The Slate.
👉 Good to know:
- Be sure to use only one drawing tool at a time to avoid disrupting The Slate's operation.
- You can check at any time if the functionality is being impaired by using Repaper Studio's performance indicator.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the widget, at the bottom right of the page 😊